Evonik Antwerpen is the largest foreign branch of the worldwide German group Evonik Industries. The site in Antwerp includes 11 production units, including the pyrogenic silica unit. This special silica is marketed under the name AEROSIL® and is used in paints and varnishes, modern adhesive systems, transparent silicones and non-combustible, high-grade insulation materials. In August 2018, Evonik began expansion work in order, among other things, to increase the production capacity for this product.
As Evonik is a DOC (Dear Old Customer) for which Actemium works on a daily basis under a number of framework contracts such as E&I installation, IT and engineering, Actemium was contacted for this project.
Actemium was chosen as the partner to carry out the electricity and instrumentation activities. These include:
- Installing cable and secondary cable ducts
- Installing distribution boxes and start-stop buttons
- Installing instruments: pressure transmitters, tuning forks, manometers, weighing units, boxes containing differential pressure and pressure transmitters, analysers, temperature transmitters, solenoids
- Laying electrical and instrumentation cables
- Fitting pilot air pipes, lights and earthing
- Connecting cables
Within the VINCI Energies group, colleagues from Cegelec were also called in to build the instrumentation cabinets.
Actemium will be working on the Evonik sites for several years to come, because in early 2019 the current E&I installation framework contract was extended for four years. This confirms the companies’ mutual trust in good cooperation.