VINCI Energies acquires IZEN

VINCI Energies acquires 55% of IZEN. The remaining 45% will continue to be held by the current shareholders until the end of 2021, at which point VINCI Energies is also set to acquire the latter shares.

IZEN is a fast-growing engineering & installation specialist, and service provider, for various renewable energy systems, like photovoltaic energy systems. The company supplies services and products to residential, commercial and industrial customers, mainly in Belgium and The Netherlands. IZEN is market leader in Belgium and top 5 player in the Netherlands. The Group, founded in 1987, employs 135 people with a turnover of 70 million euros in 2018.

Joining forces with a strong partner

Our mission is to make high-quality renewable energy available to all. We go for 100% smart energy”, IZEN Managing Director Gie Verbunt comments. “Which is why we are keen to develop our existing organisation by joining forces with a strong partner. VINCI Energies’ technical know-how and international scale of operations offers opportunities to further expand our business.” Gie Verbunt will stay on after the takeover as the manager of IZEN.

Ready for tomorrow’s world

Marc Lemaire, Managing Director of VINCI Energies in Belgium, is very pleased with the acquisition of IZEN. “This takeover will further solidify VINCI Energies Belgium’s position on the renewable energy market. The world is changing from day to day. Which explains why we place a premium on sustainability. VINCI Energies Belgium accomplishes projects on an ongoing basis which contribute to improving people’s daily lives and which help to lend shape to tomorrow’s world. Which is perfectly in keeping with IZEN’s mission and values. This acquisition of the largest Belgian installation and engineering company of photovoltaic installations underlines our forward-looking stance. It helps us to further develop our service delivery in the area of sustainability to our customers, in a way that is precisely geared to the needs of a changing world. IZEN’s expertise wonderfully complements our projects that are aimed at energy efficiency.”